Thank you to everyone who entered our May contest and to Halton Region for providing the composters.
SurveyMonkey Quiz Answers
- What are three ingredients used to make compost tea? Water, compost, molasses
- What is one benefit of a pallet garden? Any of the benefits listed in the blog.
- Name one health benefit of rhubarb. Any of the benefits listed in the blog.
- During what two months do most farmers’ markets open? May, June
- What is the name of the event that the Halton Food Council will be holding on May 30? Policies, Practices & Partnerships: Reducing Food Waste Symposium
- What will be the give-away for the May contest winners of the SurveyMonkey quiz? Composter
Tip: the answers can be found in the following articles in our May 2017 newsletter:
Gardeners’ Guide – Homemade compost tea that your plants will love
Learn how to build your own pallet garden
Rachel’s Kitchen - Celebrate spring with a rhubarb chutney
Savour Local – Welcome to the 2017 farmers’ market season
Council News - Policies, Practices, & Partnerships: Reducing Food Waste Symposium - May 30
Open to Halton Region residents only.
Entry deadline: June 2, 2017