FoodThinkers - You are invited to attend the Policies, Practices, & Partnerships: Reducing Food Waste Symposium on May 30th. We will be hosting this full day event in partnership with Sustain Ontario, the Ontario Food Collaborative and Country Heritage Park and supported by Riverstone Branding, the Ontario Produce Marketing Association, and The Printing House at Country Heritage Park in Milton. The symposium will kick off with keynote speaker, Dr. Martin Gooch, CEO/Partner of VCM International. It will be an opportunity to learn more about the the National Zero Waste Council’s National Food Waste Reduction Strategy, the work of Provision Coalition, best practices, and innovative solutions, and to engage with other FoodThinkers.
To register, click here. For student discounts, contact email@example.com.
8:35 Keynote speaker: Dr. Martin Gooch CEO/Partner, VCM International
9:30 Cher Mereweather, Provision Coalition
10:30 Denise Philippe, National Zero Waste Council
11:00 Workshop - Sharing the Responsibility: Fishing for Solutions
1:00 Presentations - municipal food waste reductions and auditing practices:
- Alison Schatz, Joanne Gauci, Metro Vancouver Love Food Hate Waste Programme
- Julie Hordowick, Ontario Food Collaborative and York Region Good Food Programme
- Mike von Massow, Guelph Food Waste Research Project
- Paul van der Werf, 2cg
2:30 Panel discussion – innovative food waste reduction practices:
- Dr. Michelle Coyne, Food Systems Lab
- Allan Nason, Canadian Aquaponics Association
- Doug Alexander, Ippolito Group