These easy energy bites make a great snack for when you are on the go. The fibre from the oats and protein from the nut butter will help to keep you full!
Ready in: 10 minutes plus 30 minutes chill time
Makes: 20-25 energy bites
- 1 cup plain oats
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- ½ cup natural (unsweetened) nut butter
- ½ cup ground flax or chia seeds
- 1/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
Note: To make this recipe safe for school lunches try sunflower or soy bean butter.
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl. Mix until all ingredients are combined. Cover bowl and let chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- One chilled, roll mixture into about one-inch balls. Store them in an air-tight container for up to one week.
Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven.
By Rachel Morgan, RD, MPH