Congratulations to the winners who entered the contest and correctly answered a free composter courtesy of Halton Region.
1. Which item should NOT be thrown into the Halton green cart?
- Banana peels
- Chicken bones
- Plastic price look-up labels (PLU) on fruits (correct answer)
- Shredded paper
- Dryer lint
2. Which of the following items can be used to make compost?
- Grass clippings (correct answer)
- Egg shells (correct answer)
- Dairy products
- Food scraps (correct answer)
- Water (correct answer)
3. Describe one way that compost be used.
- To enrich garden soil.